Saturday, August 14, 2010

looking into the future...

today was simply
incredible
in so many ways
.

the grand opening of our store
this week
exceeded our expectations
in every way
i have hundreds
of photos i could share
yet it is this
one
you see above
that captures my soul
embraces my goal
of sharing
my love of fabric
and stitching
with the next generation
i first met mackenzie a few weeks ago
when her father brought her along
while he finished installing
our cabinetry
she was curious about our vision
i showed her some fabric
gave her a charm pack from
and a bag from moda
along with the newest catalog of fabric
her excitment melted my heart
she returned today
with her moda bag under her arm
the corners of the catalog
now appearing well worn
she recited the names of the new collections
and recognized happy in a frame
she could not wait to meet a designer
her enthusiasm barely contained
her smile glowed from ear to ear as
kate spain wrote her name

5 comments:

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

what a fantastic story!! i love seeing young girls get inspired by fabric... especially since i didn't discover quilting till i was 19!

congrats on the shop!!

Kristen said...

Oh it all brings such a big smile to my face.

Congratulations on your dream come true!

Kelly Ann said...

Congratulations...what a great way to start a new business with the youngest of customers all ready coming back...

Sew Many Mamas said...

What a sweet story! I'm sure she will never forget her experience with you!

Vickie E said...

Hi Joyce, I am posting on my blog tonight about your new shop and meeting Kate! Thanks for the warm welcome saturday and I look forward to shopping in your store soon. If it weren't so far, I'd come friday! LOL I have already made a project with the halloween and solids I bought from you. thanks!