Monday, March 21, 2011

a cause and a mission...

at first glance
quilting for a cause
catches my eye...
.
a classic design
maple leaves
in beautiful colors
it has been lovingly quilted
by a group of women
members of the
quilting stars of ohio guild
donated for a raffle
 to the j r coleman
early care and learning center
ironically
across the page
is an article
about ethics
advances in prenatal testing
are making it much easier
to identify a fetus
as having down syndrome
is that single diagnosis
reason enough
to prevent a child from attending
an early learning center
because they are denied life
educate yourself
educate your loved ones

1 comment:

Heather said...

I have shirt,from bandofangels.com,it reads "1 in 800" ... I know that number is higher today and sadly,will only go higher.I struggle everyday,wondering how we can change that.Breaks my heart.Seriously breaks my heart.

Love to you and beautiful Sarah